Trampolines are devices made up of stretched fabric and springs on which children and adults jump for competitions or for enjoyment purposes. There are a number of trampoline-based play areas built all over the world, where hundreds of people visit daily to enjoy their lives. Mini trampolines can also be built in your homes. There are a number of places to buy trampolines in UAE and they can also be bought online. But the number of injuries due to trampolines is increasing day by day. As these trampolines are amusing, they can also get dangerous as well.
According to a research, 32% of injuries of a child are due to these trampolines. They cause to break bones and fractures which are very painful. These injuries can also cause permanent neurological damage. If you don’t want to stop your child from jumping and want to protect them from these injuries at the same time then you need to take the following measures:
- Use a special net on the surroundings of the trampolines, so that even if the child falls, he will be secured. check if there are any tears on the net regularly.
- Don’t let any child under the age of 6 years jump in the trampoline.
- Do not install trampolines at a height. Make sure the trampoline is as close to the ground as it is possible.
- Don’t let your child jump in the trampoline without any supervision. Make sure you or someone is looking after them while they are jumping so that you can reach to them at the time of fall.
- Don’t let your child jump for no more than 30-45 minutes as this will exhaust them and they might fall due to excessive sweating or dehydration.
- Don’t let many kids jump at the same time as this will cause them to bump into each other and they can have a fall leading to injuries.
- Make sure that there are no sharp iron parts coming out which can cause injuries.
- Don’t let children do stunts while jumping or keep a check if they are pushing or pulling each other.
These were a few points to bring under notice before installing or visiting a trampoline to secure your children. Click for more information about the various articles present on the internet, to know more about trampoline related injuries and their solutions.